There are countless opportunities in the energy sector, and we will share occasional postings here on behalf of organizations that are hiring. To submit a job posting, contact us.
- Operations & Maintenance Tech II at IHI Power Services Corp.
- Veterans Advanced Energy Fellowship
- Deputy Director of Marketing, Customer Account Management, Energy Programs, and Communications for the San José Community Energy Department
Operations & Maintenance Tech II at IHI Power Services Corp.
IHI Power Services Corp’s Rio Bravo Rocklin biomass power plant in Lincoln is hiring an O&M Tech II. Experience in power generation or process plant operation is preferred.
Conducts day to day operations and maintenance of the plant to include plant operations, mechanical maintenance, electrical maintenance, or instruments and controls. Monitors plant performance and is capable, without supervision, of identifying mechanical, electrical and instrumentation/controls and performing corrective action when appropriate. Is fully proficient in at least one of the disciplines listed above and as such has the ability to operate the control board, perform complex mechanical or electrical duties, and/or perform as an instrument and controls technician. Can lead acceptance and performance tests on existing or new plant equipment. Provides guidance to lesser experienced operations personnel.
Veterans Advanced Energy Fellowship
The Atlantic Council Global Energy Center’s Veterans Advanced Energy Fellowship seeks to create a cadre of future leaders within the advanced energy industry.
A successful fellow will become a peer mentor, advocate, and spokesperson for other veterans, reservists, and military spouses, helping to solidify the advanced energy connection to national security and the mission-driven advancement of veterans’ employment in advanced energy.
As fellows rise within advanced energy organizations, they can more closely tie national security to energy security, as well as move the advanced energy economy forward. The program will provide a select group of high-performing, high-potential leaders with:
- Policy training in energy diplomacy, markets, technology, and experience-based skills training such as public speaking, op-ed writing, and entrepreneurship
- Mentorship from senior national security and energy leaders in the Atlantic Council’s network
- Participation in high-profile settings, including Atlantic Council events, publications, and placement of written work
- Exposure to cutting-edge, fast-growing companies seeking candidates that couple leadership and management skills with technical acumen
Deputy Director of Marketing, Customer Account Management, Energy Programs, and Communications for the San José Community Energy Department
The City of San José is seeking an experienced Deputy Director to oversee Marketing, Customer Account Management, Energy Programs, and Communications functions for the Department. The Community Energy Department launched clean energy services to most residents and commercial customers in early 2019 and concluded enrollment of first customers in early 2021. The position requires a strong communicator with a passion for startups, community action, environmental and energy technology with strategic and tactical abilities. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent listening, writing, and presentation skills, and have experience leading high performing teams to accomplish objectives. Candidates should have a working knowledge of electricity rates, CCA’s, and a strong energy, utility, or sales background. Read more on the Community Energy Department website.